Welcome to the Lenexa Historical Society. We are a member based non-profit 501(c)3 organization founded in 1974 to encourage community involvement and dedicated to the appreciation, preservation, and promotion of Lenexa’s Historical Heritage. We accomplish this by hosting educational meetings, participating in community events and festivals, and bringing local history to Lenexa's schools through the City's "Learning About Lenexa" program. We also partner with the City of Lenexa regarding Lenexa's History Museum, The Legler Barn and Frisco Train Depot Museum Complex, which displays local area history and artifacts, engaging exhibits, and includes a local historical research library.
Please bookmark this page and visit us often. Scroll down for upcoming events, exhibits, and museum hours.
Upcoming LHS Events (see Events Calendar for more info):
- Sar-Ko-Par Trails park, master plan presentation:
- Thursday, November 21, 6:30 p.m.
Lenexa United Methodist Church
9138 Caenen Lake Rd, Lenexa, KS
- Guest speaker: Gary Ristow, Lenexa Parks & Recreation Director
Join your LHS friends to hear about the future of Sar-Ko-Par Trails park
- Starts with a potluck dinner:
- Potluck dinner starts at 6:30 p.m.:
- A-I last names bring Dessert or Fruit dish
- J-R last names bring Meat Entrée
- S-Z last names bring Salad or Vegetable dish
- Program will begin around 7:00 p.m.
- Sar-Ko Aglow, Friday, December 6, 6-7 p.m.:
- Lenexa's traditional holiday lighting ceremony is coming back this year in a whole new way! Kick off your holiday festivities this year by meeting up with friends and neighbors for a community celebration at Sar-Ko-Par Trails ParkHS prepares chili for the festival contest.
- Bundle up and enjoy a stroll through the park while taking in the spectacular lights, sipping hot cocoa and listening to carolers. Santa will also be on hand to hear children's holiday wishes.
Check out LHS' new exhibits at Lenexa's History Museum, The Legler Barn:
- Women In Lenexa
- Kansas Suffrage - 100 year celebration
- Susan B. Anthony's LeMoyne Star Quilt - by The Legler Barn Quilters