Board of Directors
- Todd Crow, President
- Bruce Daniel, 1st Vice President
- Ann Thomas, 2nd Vice President
- Bob McCoy, Treasurer
- Scott Forland, Secretary
- Judi Derks, Board Member
- Alan Uhl, Board Member
- Jayme Bilyeu, Board Member
- ______ (your name here) Open Position, Board Member
2013 LHS Board of Director Meetings, 7:00 pm
January 8, February 2, March 6, April 3, May 2, June 6, June 27 (for July),
August 1, August 28 (for September), October 2, November 6, December 4
at Legler Barn Museum, 14907 West, 87th Street, Lenexa, Kansas 66215
Mission Statement: The Lenexa Historical Society is dedicated to the appreciation, preservation, and promotion of Lenexa's historical heritage. Adopted October 1987.
The Lenexa Historical Society promotes community involvement to preserve the heritage of Lenexa by participating or sponsoring Lenexa festivals and events. Learn more about Lenexa by visiting our Lenexa History page.
- Annual Community Soup Luncheon - February
- Passport to Adventure - March through October
- May is Music Month - City of Lenexa Movie in the Park - May
- Great Lenexa BBQ Battle - June
- Lenexa Community Days Parade - July 4th
- Spinach Festival - September
- Lenexa Chili Challenge - October
- LHS Annual Smoked Pork Chop Dinner - October
The Lenexa Historical Society sponsors quarterly historical/educational meetings.
The Lenexa Historical Society collects and preserves Lenexa's historical artifacts.
Video - Recorded History of Lenexa Citizens
The Lenexa Historical Society maintains the History Resource Room.
- Local Historical Research
- Local Genealogy
- Lost Houses
- Santa Fe Trail
- Lenexa History
The Lenexa Historical Society stands ready to support the City of Lenexa in its operation of the Lenexa's History Museum, The Legler Barn and Frisco Train Depot Museum Complex.
- The Legler Barn - engaging local history and exhibits
- The Strang Line Waiting Station
- The Lenexa Frisco Train Depot
- Restored Prairie Schooner "Conestoga Wagon"
- Burlington Northern / Northern Pacific Railway retired caboose #1142
Donate to the Lenexa Historical Society
If you have an interesting historical item related to Lenexa that you wish to donate to the Lenexa Historical Society, please contact The Legler Barn Museum at 913-492-0038
As a non-profit 501(c)3 organization, your tax deductible donations helps the Lenexa Historical Society to continue our mission to encourage community involvement and maintain our focus and dedication to the appreciation, preservation, and promotion of Lenexa’s historical heritage.
When you click the Donate button below, you will be transferred to our secure PayPal page where you can remit your donation with any Credit Card or even use your PayPal account. If paying with a credit card, a PayPal account is NOT required.
If you prefer to donate by check, please feel free to mail your check to:
Lenexa Historical Society
14907 W. 87th St. Parkway
Lenexa, KS 66215
Please make checks payable to: Lenexa Historical Society
For questions, please contact us at: